The schedule for the 2023-2024 Church School year is below. For in-person lessons, we will be having classes the 3rd Thursday of the month. We will have classes for the 3-6 year-olds from 3:30-4:30pm and then for the 7-12 year-olds from 4:30-5:30pm. If any teenagers are interested in in-person lessons, please let me know. If you have questions, please let Brenda know (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will still be doing take-home lessons.
This year we are looking at People of the Bible with Sacraments of the Church
Date – Person/Sacrament (or topic)
September 21, 2023 Thursday – Jesus/Holy Eucharist
October 19, 2023 Thursday – John the Baptist/Baptism
November 16, 2023 Thursday – King Josiah/Confirmation
December 21, 2023 Thursday – Eli and Samuel/Ordination
January 18, 2024 Thursday – Esther/Holy Matrimony
February 15, 2024 Thursday – Jonah/Reconciliation of a penitent
March 21, 2024 Thursday – Naaman and Elisha/Unction
March 30, 2024 Saturday – Children’s Easter Service on Holy Saturday
April 18, 2024 Thursday – Jacob/Hope
May 4, 2024 Saturday – Early/First Communion formation for children
May 5, 2024 Sunday – Early/First Communion Sunday
May 16, 2024 Thursday – Dorcas/Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Adult Bible Study
Tuesday mornings 10 AM
Meeting socially distant in the Nicholas Room at the church.
- Currently studying “Sermon on the Mount”, a Life Guide Bible Studies book.
Please email John Geen if you would like to attend so that he can order the books. email@example.com
2nd & 4th Tuesday evening, 7:30 PM
- Everyone is welcome to attend. Currently meeting via Zoom. Please email or text Mike Hopkins for the Zoom link. 603-765-3736 firstname.lastname@example.org
- What we’ve studied in the past:
- “Augustine’s Confessions” in the context of his own time and ours.
- Paul’s ministry using the book, “The Call – the Life and Message of the Apostle Paul” by Adam Hamilton
- “The Messiah – The Texts Behind Handel’s Masterpiece”
- “Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time” by Marcus Borg
- “Psalms: Prayers of the Heart” by Eugene Peterson
- “The Heart That Grew Three Sizes” by Matt Rawle
- “The Way of Love” by Bishop Michael Curry
- Currently deciding what to study!